Smitty's Rant

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Well, ok, so I have been back for almost two weeks. Spent the first couple of days just catching up on e-mail. One of the many drawbacks to having so many different accounts. You have to go and check them all... The nice part about it is that you aren't stuck with one really nasty interface to go through all your mail. Bad part is that there really isn't a good interface for dealing with that much mail. I have web accessable accounts, pop accounts and my UNIX mail at home (I use Mutt to read that mail (Inserting shameless plug for a good mail client)). All in all though, it wasn't really that bad. I did notice however that I am now receiving far more spam than what I considered usual. So, in the mean time I am researching spam blockers for at home. Going to look at spamassassin and dspam. Word has it that dspam might be considered better so if anyone has any personal fav's at this point, please feel free to put in a comment or recommendation.

I also have been bragging a lot about my trip to Texas which of course means that most of my friends are now sick of hearing about it. I don't understand why though, I mean it is a great place to go to to get away from it all. Now many of you might guffaw at getting away from it all and Dallas being used in the same sentence but hear me out. I got away from it all (Regina Saskatchewan) and went to a place that I don't live. Which means that I was able to relax. Take it easy and enjoy lots of good texmex food. Plus the temp was in the mid 90's F the whole time so it was great. The frigid cool that I came back to was a bit of an eye opener for sure...

Anyway, it is time for me to hang up the keyboard and get some shuteye so good night folks. TTYL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home