Smitty's Rant

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Oh how I would love to say that I have been busy, or distracted or otherwise occupied....

But I can't.

I meant to keep this updated on a weekly if not daily basis but alas, it did not happen. So I guess the burning question is just what exactly DID happen. Well, I took a motorcycle safety course (and my daughter did too)(Oh and I passed it!)(err, yes I supposed I should also mention that she did too) and even though I passed the course with flying colours (please note the U in that word!!! I AM PROUDLY CANADIAN!!!!! (and now back to our sorta scheduled rant)
Yes, even though I passed the course it took till October for me to finally get my license. I DO HAVE IT THOUGH!!! So this winter I am working on the bike and getting parts to fix it up for the summer. I really hope to ride it more now that I won't have a curfew with it. (this getting home at dusk really sucks(especially in the fall))

I think I mentioned that I started to reno my bathroom(s) and kinda got stalled. Well, it's painted and rewired and the shower works.... Just need a new light, mirror and baseboards and it is complete! Then off to the next job. Which is the basement. I have already started on it but it still needs a lot of help. So, basement, furnace, garage, kitchen, rug, lino... The list goes on and on.

Hmm, come to think of it, this doesn't sound too much like a rant. Hmm, lets see.

STUPID WEATHER!!!

There I said it, everyone thinks it but now I said it. Right now it's -30C and the wind chill is -48.2C. The bigger thing I want to rant about, my daughter is heading to Hawaii with her Mom for two weeks!!! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???

Well, what's up is that she got the opportunity to go and I can't blame her even if I wasn't invited... At least she get's to escape this slightly cool weather.

I have had it with stupid winter drivers. it's like they check their brains out to warm storage till it gets warm again. I had a car get hit by another and I wasn't even driving it!!! (it was parked at the time)(Oh and to be honest, the roads were nasty and the lady did leave a note saying she did it so all is well in the world)

Anyway, I just realized that I should get back to life for a short bit.

ttyl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home