Smitty's Rant

Monday, September 22, 2008

Whew! What a summer.

Got the bike running with all the new shiny pieces on it and then got rear ended on the way home from work one day. One scratch on the bike, one on me. Not so bad really. Just goes to prove that everyone needs to pay more attention when they are driving (The other driver hit me and admitted it so there are good and honest people out there folks!!!)

After that, about the third week in June I took a short trip out to BC and back. The trip was approximately Regina, Medicine Hat, then to the Fairmont hot springs via Lethbridge and Cranbrook, then through Banff to get to Calgary. From there I traveled back to Lethbridge (had to stop and see family) and then rode home the next day. All in all about 2,500 KMs traveled. Man I was sore but the trip was great.

Next it was just stay near home and do short trips. Fixed the lawn mower, mowed the forest (yeah, it was that thick) and oh yeah, bought a different bike. I purchased a 1996 Triumph Trophy 900 which has taken me to Dauphin and back already. Nice bike to ride let me tell you.

Other than that I am just getting myself ready for some more trips and trying to figure out this nesting thing to get ready for winter. Pretty sure I should hibernate this one....

I have some pictures which I will try to get up here soon.

Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home